Sunday, February 14, 2010

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!

Are you ready for this? I went to an Art Supply store with a friend and her husband yesterday...and while in the store, I heard the alarm going off on my truck which was parked practically right out the front doors. I ran out to find a "guy" getting in the front seat and starting it at the same time, all the while the alarm is going off !! He backed out of the spot and almost in to a tree. I ran in front of the truck and was beating on the hood yelling at him and staring him down. (ya, like that was gonna scare him in to getting out and leaving me my truck, right??! -- NOT!) I was holding my ground but he kept revving the engine and making the truck lurch forward a little more each time...so i finally jumped out of the way and he sped out of the parking lot. I don't care about the truck. I care about what was IN the truck. I had just been to a scrapbooking crop the night before and still had all my "stuff" in the very back of the truck. I lost alot of supplies, but even more than that--I had my favourite cards that i have made in there. I also had the first 5 months of a calendar that i was making in there. I treasure these things. I enjoy making the cards so much and appreciate the time that went in to making them. The few faves usually come with me to inspire me. It is THOSE things that are gone and cannot get back that bother me the most. The police figure my truck is already on the reserve and torn apart. It doesn't pay to have a nice vehicle or take care of the one you have... And I bet some kid is having a hay-day with all my stuff...well, I hope they enjoy making all kinds of arts and crafts with it. All I can say is that it's sad that someone has such low self esteem of themselves that this is the profession they choose. What ever happened to making an HONEST living ?? I hope some day that the people responsible for changing my life forever will too have their lives changed....only for the better.
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone.........

3 comments:

Deanna said...

OMG I would be devastated!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! j

Janet said...

So sorry again Moni. Really feel terrible about the cards and calendar :(